FTCE General Knowledge - Online Practice Tests
Teaching is one of the most admirable professions and becoming one has its challenges. In addition to completing a degree program for education, aspiring teachers must also pass a number of exams to ensure they are fit for the classroom. The Florida Teacher Certification Examinations, or FTCE, are a series of exams for which all teacher hopefuls must sit. Regardless of your field of interest, FTCE practice tests can help you pass the first time.
The FTCE general knowledge exam is comprised of four subtests; reading, math, English language and essay sections help ensure you’ve mastered the general knowledge necessary for teaching. You must earn passing scores on each subtest in order to pass your FTCE general knowledge exam. Should you take all subtests in a single day, this computer-based exam will take more than four hours to complete. Ensure you pass the very first time you attempt the FTCE General Knowledge test with help from Exam Edge. Our practice tests can help you manage your time and leave plenty of room to work on the especially challenging sections.
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- General Knowledge English Language Knowledge of language structure - 25%
- General Knowledge Math Knowledge of number sense, concepts, and operations - 17%
- General Knowledge Reading Knowledge of key ideas and details based on text selections - 40%
Knowledge of vocabulary application - 25%
Knowledge of standard English conventions - 50%
Knowledge of geometry and measurement - 21%
Knowledge of algebraic thinking and the coordinate plane - 29%
Knowledge of probability, statistics, and data interpretation - 33%
Knowledge of craft and structure based on text selections - 25%
Knowledge of the integration of information and ideas based on text selections - 35%
- Level of difficulty
- Number of questions (121 per practice test)
- Timed exam, proportional to the number of questions (or untimed if you prefer)
- The feel of the real test
To pass the FTCE General Knowledge test you need a score of 200.
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your FTCE General Knowledge - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
What is the FTCE General Knowledge Test?
An examination of one's knowledge of basic skills, the FTCE General Knowledge Test is taken by every aspiring teacher in the state of Florida. Consisting of four subtests (essay, English, reading and math), the General Knowledge test challenges prospective teachers on their knowledge of the basics of all four disciplines. Someone well-versed in history who hopes to teach high school civics, for example, will need to start with a General Knowledge Test before continuing on towards subject-specific exams. FTCE practice exams are a great way for any future teacher to prepare for the big test.
Who should take the FTCE General Knowledge Test?
Any aspiring teacher in the state of Florida is required to take the FTCE General Knowledge Test. Regardless of the subject you hope to teach, all licensure candidates must sit for the test and demonstrate the mastery of these basic skills. If you are transferring to Florida as a teacher previously licensed in a different state, you may not necessarily need to take the FTCE General Knowledge Test. Learn more about reciprocity and testing requirements on the Florida Department of Education website. Regardless of your background, FTCE exam prep is necessary to do well on the test.
How much does the FTCE General Knowledge Test cost?
The testing fee for the FTCE General Knowledge Test is $130 for a first attempt. Subsequent attempts will cost $150. These prices are the same whether you sitting for just one or two subtests or all four. Most test-takers opt to take all four subtests at once to save cash. With the right FTCE test prep, you can ensure a passing score the first time you take the exam.
How many questions are on the FTCE General Knowledge Test?
Each subtest differs slightly in length. The mathematics subtest consists of 45 multiple choice questions to be answered within a 40-minute time limit. The reading exam is 55 minutes with 40 multiple choice questions. The English Language subtest is also 40 questions with 40 minutes to complete them. The essay portion consists of a writing prompt. You'll have 50 minutes to complete the essay. FTCE exam practice tests can help adequately prepare you for whatever questions are thrown your way on the day of your FTCE exam.
How to prepare for the FTCE General Knowledge Test?
There are a million different study strategies out there, but working with Exam Edge to prepare is one of the best ways to ensure a passing score on your FTCE. Our practice exams can help you get comfortable with the format and timing of the test, so that you're ready to ace the real thing. The best part? We offer a free sample practice test to all of our users. Get started today with your first FTCE exam practice tests – you've got a teaching career to begin!