FTCE General Knowledge English Language - Online Practice Tests
In order to teach the next generation of students the fundamentals, Florida teachers must first illustrate their own mastery of such concepts. To do so, all Florida educators hoping to work in public schools must take and pass the FTCE General Knowledge English Language Exam. Keep reading for a primer on all things FTCE, and for insight into how FTCE General Knowledge English Language practice tests can help you prepare for the real exam.
The FTCE general knowledge english language Skills test is designed to measure your mastery of the English language. You’ll have 40 minutes to answer questions about language structure, vocabulary application, and standard English conventions. A scaled score of at least 200 points is required to pass. Want to gain confidence in your abilities and familiarize yourself with the format of the test? Take a few practice tests with Exam Edge. With enough preparation, you’ll walk into your testing center with the self-assurance necessary to pass with flying colors.
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- Knowledge of language structure - 25%
- Knowledge of vocabulary application - 25%
- Knowledge of standard English conventions - 50%
- Level of difficulty
- Number of questions (45 per practice test)
- Timed exam, proportional to the number of questions (or untimed if you prefer)
- The feel of the real test
To pass the FTCE General Knowledge English Language test you need a score of 200.
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your FTCE General Knowledge English Language - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
What is the FTCE General Knowledge English Language Exam?
The Florida Teacher Certification Exams help gauge a person's understanding of the content they hope to pass on to their students in the classroom. Before entering into a formal role as an educator, all Florida teachers must take and pass these tests. Specifically, the General Knowledge English Language subtest helps verify that teachers can correct sentence errors, select accurate word choices, and generally read for comprehension.
Want to brush up on these skills before you take the real test? Our FTCE General Knowledge English Language practice exams can help you prepare. There's no easier way to ensure you pass the very first time you attempt this test!
Who Should Take the FTCE General Knowledge English Language Exam?
All Florida educators hoping to work in the public school systems will need to take and pass some form of FTCE exam. The English Language subtest is part of a larger general knowledge exam required of all teachers in Florida. Be sure to complete your teacher's education program before registering, though. You'll want to make sure you've covered all the fundamentals and tackled plenty of FTCE General Knowledge English Language exam prep before you take the real thing.
How Much Does it Cost to Register for the FTCE General Knowledge English Language Exam?
Registration for the FTCE General Knowledge exam costs $130 for your first attempt. Subsequent attempts will run an additional $150 each. Thankfully, the FTCE General Knowledge English Language subtest is included in that cost. Still, this exam is not exactly cheap – you'll want to incorporate plenty of FTCE General Knowledge English Language test prep into the leadup to the day of the exam so you pass the very first time you attempt it.
How Many Questions are on the FTCE General Knowledge English Language Exam?
There are approximately 40 questions on this portion of the FTCE General Knowledge test. You'll also face an essay, 40 questions in the reading subtest, and 40 questions in the math subtest. Many test-takers find themselves overwhelmed by this format and psyche themselves out of performing well on the day of the test. With enough FTCE General Knowledge English Language exam practice tests, you'll bypass much of the psychological anguish that so often comes with these kinds of exams.
How to Prepare for the FTCE General Knowledge English Language Exam
If you're serious about preparing for the FTCE General Knowledge English Language exam, you'll want to sign up for an account with Exam Edge. We offer free sample practice exams for new members. It's the most convenient way to prepare for the big test without having to step outside the comfort of your living room! Get started now and you'll be on the way to a passing score in no time.