FTCE General Knowledge Reading - Online Practice Tests
It's true what they say: reading really is fundamental. It's why all Florida educators have to take and pass the FTCE General Knowledge Reading test before they can begin working in the classroom. Need a primer on what to expect of the exam? Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about it and get started studying with FTCE General Knowledge Reading practice tests.
What is the FTCE General Knowledge Reading Test?
This test helps ensure that all Florida educators have a healthy grasp on their reading skills. According to Florida's Sunshine State Standards, all public school teachers must be able to demonstrate their ability to read, write, and comprehend what they read via the FTCE General Knowledge Reading test. A requirement of all licensed teachers in Florida, the test shouldn't be taken lightly. Your future teaching career rides on the results of this test, so be sure to take plenty of FTCE General Knowledge reading practice exams to study.
40 multiple-choice questions await you on the FTCE general knowledge reading certification test. You’ll have 55 minutes to complete this computer-based exam. To pass, you’ll need to earn a scaled score of 200 points or more. Before you enter the testing site, be sure to review your knowledge of key ideas based on text selections. You’ll also need to brush up on your knowledge of the craft and structure of text, along with the integration of information and ideas based on reading selections. Exam Edge can help you prepare – take one of our free sample practice tests today.
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- Knowledge of key ideas and details based on text selections - 40%
- Knowledge of craft and structure based on text selections - 25%
- Knowledge of the integration of information and ideas based on text selections - 35%
- Level of difficulty
- Number of questions (40 per practice test)
- Timed exam, proportional to the number of questions (or untimed if you prefer)
- The feel of the real test
To pass the FTCE General Knowledge Reading test you need a score of 200.
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your FTCE General Knowledge Reading - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
Who Should Take the FTCE General Knowledge Reading Test?
Anyone who is hoping to find a teaching position in a Florida public school should sign up for this exam. Administrators, assistant principals, deans and other school officials also need to take and pass the test. Before you sign up for the exam, however, be sure to complete all the required coursework for your specific career path. Most test-takers do not register for this exam until the last semester of their teaching programs. Once you've registered, be sure to incorporate practice tests into your FTCE General Knowledge Reading exam prep.
The FTCE General Knowledge Reading test is considered a subtest of the larger General Knowledge Test required of every Florida educator. Signing up for a single subtest will run you $32.50, but registering for all four of the required subtests will set you back $130. Save money and register for the entire General Knowledge FTCE exam at once! Of course, be sure to study for all four subjects during your FTCE General Knowledge Reading test prep to ensure you pass the very first time.
Format of the FTCE General Knowledge Reading Test
The 55 minute subtest is comprised of more than 40 multiple-choice questions. If you decide to take all four of the required subtests in one day, you'll have one 15-minute break to catch your breath. To pass the exam, you'll need a scaled score of 200 or higher. Brush up on FTCE General Knowledge Reading exam practice tests and you'll ace it the first time you attempt the test!
Prepare Now for Your FTCE Exam
You've studied, trained, and worked for years to become a teacher. Don't let the FTCE exams stand in the way of your goals! By taking plenty of FTCE General Knowledge Reading practice tests, you'll be on your way to the teaching career of your dreams. Get started now with a free sample practice test to see just how helpful our tools can be!