HESI A2 - Online Practice Tests
There is no doubt about it: a lot depends on your college entrance exam scores. Just as important as the SAT and ACT, the HESI® A2 is used by nursing programs to screen possible students. Created by Health Education Systems Incorporated, now owned by Elsevier, the test is designed to gauge how well you may perform in a nursing education program and as a professional healthcare worker. While not the only college nursing program entrance exam out there, it is one of the most common. If you're hoping to perform well on your HESI® A2 exam, it's important to gather all the information out there about the test. It's the best way to prepare – along with taking plenty of HESI® A2 practice tests, of course!
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- Science Anatomy
- Grammar Critical and Inferential Comprehension
- Math Basic calculations
- Reading Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary Vocabulary
Word Choice and Mechanics
- Level of difficulty
- Number of questions (150 per practice exam)
- Timed exam, proportional to the number of questions (or untimed if you prefer)
- The feel of the real test
To pass the HESI® A2 test you need a score of 85.
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your HESI A2 - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
What is the HESI® A2 Test?
The HESI® A2 exam measures the knowledge and personality of nursing school applicants. The multiple-choice test is made up of five subtests and one unscored personality exam, all of which help nursing program admissions better understand individual applicants. Nursing is, after all, one of the most lucrative and demanding careers in the healthcare industry. Not every student is right for every nursing program, and the HESI® A2 exam helps ensure that only the most qualified applicants make it through. With enough HESI® A2 practice exams, though, you can rest assured that you'll pass with flying colors!
Who Should Take the HESI® A2 Test?
Before you can officially enter a collegiate level nursing program, you may be required to pass the HESI® A2 test. While not every school requires high HESI® A2 scores for admission, most look to entrance exams when deciding which students to include in their program. Check with your school's admission department before registering for this challenging exam. Once you've confirmed that you do indeed need to take the test, HESI® A2 exam prep can begin.
How Much Does the HESI® A2 Test Cost?>
The cost of registration for the HESI® A2 exam varies from program to program. In some cases, your university may include the cost of the test with the overall application fee. Check with your admission department for guidance on how to register for the HESI® A2 and how much you can expect to pay for the test. Generally, HESI® A2 registration runs between $35 and $70. Of course, HESI® A2 test prep may run extra, but the investment is well worth the cash.
How Many Questions Are On the HESI® A2 Test?
Each section of the HESI® A2 exam is comprised of 25-50 multiple-choice questions. There are sections on Math, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Anatomy & Physiology. You'll also face an unscored personality profile and learning style section. In order to pass, you'll need to answer 75 to 80 percent of the questions correctly. Each nursing program sets their own passing score, though, so your school can tell you more about what score you should be aiming for. You can ensure a passing score by incorporating plenty of HESI® A2 exam practice tests into your studies leading up to the exam.
How to Prepare for the HESI® A2 Test
With your career dreams riding on the results of this exam, it pays to do as much HESI® A2 test prep as possible. Our HESI® A2 practice tests are designed to help you get comfortable with the format, content and timing of the exam. With a few HESI® A2 practice tests under your belt, you'll walk into the testing center with your head held high.
Get started now with a free sample practice test to see just how helpful Exam Edge can be in your preparation. Our tools and resources make us the perfect study buddy – take us with you wherever you might want to prepare. Once you've seen just how helpful Exam Edge's resources can be, register for an account and get started with your HESI® A2 practice tests.