NDAEB Canadian Certified Dental Assistant - Online Practice Tests
Dentists would be nothing without their assistants. While the doctor may do most of the drilling and filling, assistants are tasked with many other vitally important duties around the office. Not just anyone can become a dental assistant, however - to earn such a position in Canada, you’ll need to take and pass exams offered by the National Dental Assisting Examining Board, or the NDAEB. With resources like Exam Edge’s NDAEB practice tests, you’ll be on your way to a successful dental assistant career in no time!
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- Conduct Appropriate to a Professional Setting - 5-10%
- Dental Sciences - 7-12%
- Clinical Support Procedures - 5-10%
- Patient Records - 5-10%
- Patient Care Procedures - 40-50%
- Practice Management Procedures - 5-10%
- Laboratory Procedures - 5-10%
- Preventive Procedures - 15-20%
- Level of difficulty
- Number of questions (200 per practice test)
- Timed exam, proportional to the number of questions (or untimed if you prefer)
- The feel of the real test
To pass the NDAEB Canadian Certified Dental Assistant test you need a score of 65.
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your NDAEB Canadian Certified Dental Assistant - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
What are NDAEB Tests?
The NDAEB is a professional organization for Canadian dental assistants. The group works to educate, connect, and assess the skills of dental assistants across the country. The NDAEB primarily offers a written exam for aspiring dental assistants. The test is expensive, with a registration fee of $525 charged per examinee. Given how much money and opportunity is riding on your score, it pays to invest in as many NDAEB practice exams as possible before taking the real thing!
Qualifying for NDAEB Test Registration
In order to qualify for this exam, you’ll need to complete a dental assistant education program that’s been certified by the NDAEB. Only those who have reached level II intra-oral dental assistant in their studies may register. For applicants who have studied dental hygiene or completed an allied dental health program, transcripts showing your mastery of dental assisting principles will be required. Check with your program for further guidance on your NDAEB test eligibility. Should you indeed meet the qualifications, it’s time to register for NDAEB exam prep.
Earning a Passing Score on an NDAEB Exam
The pass mark for the NDAEB exam changes slightly each year. A panel of judges meets to go over the questions and decide how many a candidate must answer correctly in order to pass. Generally, this percentage has lingered around the 60 percent point. The harder the exam, the lower the pass mark. While it may be impossible to predict what this year’s pass mark will be, examinees who incorporate practice exams into their NDAEB test prep are sure to find success.
Prepare for Your NDAEB Test Now
Your future as a dental assistant depends on your ability to take and pass the NDAEB exam. Make the most of your time and money by including NDAEB exam practice tests into your studies. Studies have shown time and time again that practice tests are the key to learning and retaining information. Given how challenging this particular exam can be, it’s smart to incorporate NDAEB practice tests into your study routine.
With both timed and untimed versions of NDAEB practice tests available on our site, Exam Edge offers the flexibility and convenience you need for success. Both options include detailed answers to each question. These are essential to the study process – by understanding why and how you got a question wrong, you can identify the blind spots in your knowledge and be better prepared for the real exam.
Curious about our offerings? Click here to try a free sample practice test now!